The Franklin County Local Food Council recognizes the importance of the work that many of our community members contribute to our local food systems. That is why we want to hear from you! Please join us for our second listening session hosted by the Access Working Group. The topic of this listening session will be Visualizing the Food Environment: Mapping Our Way to Food Access.
The goals of these listening sessions are:
- Collaboration and idea sharing to strengthen the collective efforts of individual groups working on similar issues.
- Informing the council on areas of local food system change that are important to community members, so that we may synthesize that information and share it with key decision-makers.
- Providing the general public with an opportunity hear about some of the important activities occurring to improve the local food system around Franklin County, giving the public the opportunity to ask questions or provide commentary.
We are happy to have the following key community partners in attendance. They will discuss their experience in working to increase the opportunity of healthy foods:
- Christy Rogers, OSU FIC Mapping Project
- Shaun Fontanella and Peter Chen, CURA
- Casey Hoy, Local Food Systems
- Members of the Franklin County Local Food Council
Where: Columbus Public Health, 240 Parsons Ave, Columbus, OH 43215, Auditorium
When: Thursday, June 26th, 5:30-7 pm
Parking: Free visitor parking is available on the upper deck of the parking garage. The main entrance to the facility is on this level and guests enter the building through the automatic sliding doors.
Kindly RSVP by clicking here. This link will direct you to a google spreadsheet from which we hope to compile a list of local food mapping projects.