The Franklin County Local Food Council recognizes the importance of the work that many of our community members contribute to our local food systems. That is why we want to hear from you! Please join us for our third listening session. The topic of this listening session will be Economic Development in the Food System: The Role of Kitchen Incubators
A kitchen incubator is an economic development tool that allows start-up food businesses to gain access to commercial cooking and processing facilities while assuming minimal risk. Unlike many businesses that fail within the first five years, 87% of business incubator graduates remain in business. As a hub for food businesses, Franklin County can experience many economic and community development benefits by supporting the growth of kitchen incubators as a means to encourage local food start-ups and strengthen our local food system.
Kindly RSVP by clicking here. We are especially interested in hearing from community members who are: producers, kitchen incubator operators, active or potential start-up food businesses, and those who finance the food system.
The goals of this listening session are:
- Exploring ways to strengthen the kitchen incubator supply chain as a means of aggregating, processing, and distributing local food, as well as a means of supporting economic development through local food businesses.
- Deepening understanding of the needs of start-up food businesses relative to kitchen incubator facilities.
- Developing partnerships and innovative methods to make kitchen incubator facilities more accessible and affordable throughout Franklin County.
- Exploring opportunities for local ingredients to reach consumers through the kitchen incubator supply chain.
- Informing local government of opportunities to support kitchen incubators as an economic development strategy.
Where: ECDI - 1655 Old Leonard Ave, Columbus, OH 43219
When: Tuesday, September 16th, 5:30 - 7:00 pm, followed by optional networking from 7:00 - 7:30 pm
Kindly RSVP by clicking here.