In 2014, the Franklin County Local Food Council will host a series of community listening sessions organized around its three basic priorities: Local Food Policy, Local Food Access, and Supply Chain & Economic Development.
Listening sessions serve as an opportunity for diverse groups working on similar issues to share their ideas for change. They are open to the public. Several community partners will give short presentations followed by discussion. The aim of the discussion is to help attendees better understand the broader goals of Franklin County Local Food Council. Members of the public will also be invited to ask questions and make comments to further the discussion.
The goals of these listening sessions are:
- Collaboration and idea sharing to strengthen the collective efforts of individual groups working on similar issues.
- Informing the council on areas of local food system change that are important to community members, so that we may synthesize that information and share it with key decision-makers.
- Providing the general public with an opportunity hear about some of the important activities occurring to improve the local food system around Franklin County, giving the public the opportunity to ask questions or provide commentary.
We are happy to have the following key community partners in attendance. They will discuss their experience in working to increase the opportunity of healthy foods:
- Christy Rogers, OSU FIC Mapping Project
- Shaun Fontanella and Peter Chen, CURA
- Casey Hoy, Local Food Systems
- Members of the Franklin County Local Food Council
Where: Columbus Public Health, 240 Parsons Ave, Columbus, OH 43215, Auditorium
When: Thursday, June 26th, 5:30-7 pm
Parking: Free visitor parking is available on the upper deck of the parking garage. The main entrance to the facility is on this level and guests enter the building through the automatic sliding doors.
Kindly RSVP by clicking here. This link will direct you to a google spreadsheet from which we hope to compile a list of local food mapping projects.